One of the most important aspects of improving your game is aligning your body properly before you swing. There are many different alignment sticks on the market, and while they are very similar, there are a few small differences you may need to be aware of.
In this post, I want to share some of the best golf alignment sticks to help you make the right choice for your game.
*Some of the links in this page will be affiliate links, this means that if you purchase after following one, I make a small commission from the sale at no additional cost to yourself. Take a look at our About Us page for more info on this.
You may also like:
Features to look for alignment sticks for golf
A great alignment stick for golf will have these features:
- Pointed end to make them hold better
- Made of strong materials to make it tougher
- Storage tube to store sticks
- Foldable for easy carrying
- Rubber end on one side
- Bright colors for increased visibility
- At least 48 inches long
Our top 10 golf alignment sticks
1. PrideSports Golf Alignment Stick
A lot of golfers struggle with their alignment and posture. This makes it hard to hit the ball straight, which is a huge problem for many amateur players.
The PrideSports Golf Alignment Stick can help you fix your alignment problems in just minutes a day. In addition, it’s portable and easy to use, so there’s no excuse not to practice!
Whether you’re trying out new clubs or just getting back into playing after some time off, these sturdy yet lightweight sticks will help you achieve your best performance ever!
- Very easy to store due to its collapsible nature
- Sticks are bright in color to help you visually
- The slight curve in the sticks helps it to stick on surfaces that are not perfectly flat.
- The use of elastic cords in the sticks will help make it last longer.
- Once unfolded, you need to make sure it is straight as it folds into four pieces.
- Not perfectly straight, on a flat surface, you might see a slight curve.
2. SKLZ Golf Alignment Sticks
The SKLZ Golf Alignment Sticks Training Aid is a perfect way for golfers to improve their game at home or on the range. Using this product every time you practice will create muscle memory, so it will become second nature when you’re out on the fairway.
The sticks are made of durable fiberglass with 9 Rings marked in different colors along each stick to help ensure precise ball alignment and proper strike zone placement during your full swings short game shots like chips and pitches.
Each rod also features rubber caps on one end, so they won’t scratch any surfaces if placed down while practicing indoors or out.
- 9 Rings on each rod for optimum setup alignment.
- Rubber cap on one side while a pointed one at the other helps keep the rod intact on the ground.
- Made with Fiberglass, that makes it more durable.
- Two different colors for three rods make for different uses while practicing.
- Rods are not foldable & hence not storage-friendly.
- The pointed end should be handled with care, especially during storage.
3. Tour Sticks Golf Alignment Stick
Tour Stick is a simple tool that helps you practice your alignment for every shot on the course without having to spend money on expensive lessons with an instructor or in-person training sessions at driving ranges.
This alignment stick makes it easy for you to see if your feet are parallel, whether your shoulders are square and whether or not you’re standing too far away from the ball before each swing. This allows you to fix any problems with your setup so that when it’s time for real play, everything is already lined up properly.
- Fiberglass material ensures durability.
- The instruction manual included some practice drills.
- 10 Colors
- UV Coating helps maintain the finish of the rod.
- The pointed end can be dangerous, so be careful while handling it.
- Storage issues
4. SHAUN WEBB Golf Alignment Sticks Swing
SHAUN WEBB Golf Alignment Sticks Swing can help solve your problem by providing a visual aid that will remind you of the proper setup techniques and body positions needed for better alignment during your swing.
SHAUN WEBB Golf Alignment Sticks are lightweight and easy to use. These alignment rods fit perfectly inside any golf bag so that you can take them anywhere without hassle or bulkiness!
They’re great for anyone who wants to improve their game at home or on the course! Also, if you travel often, these sticks will be easy to pack away in your suitcase or duffel bag without taking up too much space.
- A slight curve gives it a better grip on uneven surfaces.
- Storage tube included helping with the storage.
- Rubber ends ensure it doesn’t glide.
- Video links are included to help you more with the product.
- Rods are not collapsible, hence need a larger area for storage.
- Not perfectly straight, which may be a problem for some.
5. CHAMPKEY 48″ PRO Golf Alignment Sticks
CHAMPKEY 48’’ PRO Golf Alignment Sticks are easy to use and help you develop good habits that will last for years.
They’re also versatile enough for use in short-game, putting, and full swing drills! A custom carrying case makes it easy to transport the alignment sticks from range session to range session. No more fumbling around looking for where you placed the alignment sticks!
If this isn’t enough value for your money (it’s not), they even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Rubber cap on one end for safety.
- Pointed end to make sure the stick holds up.
- 100% money-back guarantee by the manufacturer.
- Storage tube
- The pointed end can be dangerous and needs to be handled carefully.
- All three rods are of the same color, which can be problematic for some golfers.
6. A Swing Alignment Rods
The Swing Alignment Rods is designed for golfers who want to improve their games without spending thousands on lessons from professional instructors.
These lightweight fiberglass rods easily store inside any golf bag so that players can use them whenever they need help to stay focused on the task at hand and not worrying about what others think of their swings.
Each set comes complete with an instructional booklet filled with drills that even beginners can learn quickly!
In addition, these alignment rods will never fade with UV coating, no matter how many times you leave them out in the sun or rain!
- Fiberglass makes for a rod that is lightweight & long-lasting.
- Instruction manual to help you with various drills.
- UV coating to make sure the covering is intact even after multiple uses.
- Tube case included.
- 44′ can be slightly shorter than other sticks that are 48 inches.
- Noncollapsible, which means not very easy to store.
7. GoSports Golf Alignment Training Sticks
These GoSports Golf Alignment Training Sticks will help you master your swing, set up properly, and make contact consistently so that you can shave strokes off your score!
They have even included a pointed tip on each of the sticks so that you can easily stake them into the ground when setting up for drills or ball striking exercises.
These golf alignment training sticks are great for all skill levels and include three 48″ length sticks in a pack.
Each stick folds in half, making it easy to store inside any golf bag or carry-on luggage when traveling. You’ll be hitting straighter shots in no time!
- Foldable sticks for very easy storage.
- Pointed tip to help the stick to stay firmly in the ground.
- Storage tube included with the purchase.
- Pointed ends are designed in a way that gives minimal damage to accidental human touch.
- Some concerns from the customers regarding its durability
- After many uses, the straightness of the rod doesn’t hold up.
8. Callaway Golf Alignment Stix
Callaway’s Golf Alignment Stix are made out of steel, so they won’t break or bend like other brands’ plastic rods, which means you can use them to practice all aspects of your game, including putting!
They come with two 48-inch shock-corded steel rods for easy storage in their handy carrying tube (which fits into any golf bag’s apparel pocket).
These lightweight yet durable training aids will help you improve your shots from tee to green by helping you line up properly on every shot.
- Made of steel
- Plastic tube for storage
- Collapsible sticks for easy storage
- Bright yellow finish
- It folds like a tent pole
- Available in a single color only.
9. Billisa Golf Alignment Sticks
With their golf alignment rods, you’ll be able to easily identify your target line before each shot and make sure that your body is properly aligned with the ball at address, making for a more consistent swing every time.
Best of all, these tools fit inside most golf bags, so they’re easy to carry around during practice sessions or tournaments!
So whether this is a gift for yourself or someone else in your life who loves the game of golf, we guarantee that this product will help take strokes off of everyone’s scores!
- Available in multiple colors.
- Full refund available in case of a faulty purchase.
- Storage tube included.
- Rubber ends on both sides.
- One end is not pointed, which can pose a problem.
- Only two rods as opposed to three by many other brands.
10. Asyxstar Golf Alignment Sticks
Asyxstar Golf Alignment Sticks will help you improve your game with easy-to-understand instructions and simple drills that can be done anywhere, anytime!
By using their golf training tool every day, not only will you become better at hitting the ball straight but also save yourself lots of time and money by skipping those expensive lessons!
The Asyxstar golf alignment sticks will help any golfer line up properly to hit their shots straight down the middle of the fairway every time they step up to the tee box.
- Foldable in three sections for easy storage.
- Storage tube to help with the storing.
- Bright yellow colors to help you with your shots.
- Pointed end that sticks to the ground
- Since it is collapsible, it is not perfectly straight & rigid.
- Only two rods are included.
You must check out: How To Use Alignment Sticks In Golf
Buyer Guide for best Golf Alignment Sticks
What to look for in a set of golf alignment sticks
Material: How will they hold up over time?
The material with which it is made will play an important role in how long it lasts. A stick made of Fiberglass is the one to go for as they are sturdy & will weather the storm & last longer than other sticks.
Construction Quality: How well is it put together?
A good golf alignment stick should have a rod that can be separated into 2 or 3 sections, making it easier to store without taking up too much space.
The other thing would be the quality of connecting pieces. These are usually made with plastic, and one should choose the ones where these fit tightly & do not come apart during usage. Look for joints that have an o-ring to keep them watertight.
Value for Money: How much does it cost?
Check out the price that you are paying for it. You should always look for the stick which falls perfectly under your budget.
Reviews from actual customers
Is there a consensus from the people who use this product? Are there any common complaints or compliments you can see in reviews? We have given you a general overview of their reviews, but it is best to buy one with more 5-star reviews than a product with only a few.
Key points for consideration before buying?
Longevity: Where & how will you use it?
An important question to ask yourself before buying is where and how you will use the product. Will you be putting it in your golf bag or using it to drive range practice? This will tell you which type (or types) of a stick to go for.
If practicing at a driving range, look for a thicker rod that would not fly away during usage as its “nose” could be stepped on by an errant golfer.
If it is in your golf bag, make sure it has rubber ends both at the top & bottom so that when put inside a bag, they don’t scratch up the clubs. Or invest in another one where it has the rubber “guards” or covers.
If traveling by air, you will need a stick that is collapsible & thin. These are usually smaller in size but very sturdy and will meet airline requirements.
Practicality: What do you prefer? A product that has 3 rods or one with 2?
Do you need more than two rods?
If yes, then a product with 3 rods will be more suited than one with 2. However, most products that have 3 rods are thicker and will not fit inside your golf bag for transportation purposes.
So it all boils down to what you prefer. Also, take into consideration that you can do more practice drills with 3 rods than just 2.
Consider the ends of the stick.
The most important thing to remember when buying one at a lower price is that it should come with rubber end caps which protect the ends from getting dinged up in bags or while traveling and whether or not it has a storage tube (a plastic housing for storing rods together).
Lastly, look for ones made out of fiberglass as they are flexible but sturdy.
If you’d rather go for the more costly ones, then look for something that has stainless steel rods, it is more rigid and will not flex as much; also, look for reviews & check if the rods are replaceable.
You might also like: All the Things You Need to Play Golf
Are golf alignment sticks worth it?
Golf alignment sticks are an affordable training tool that can improve your shots dramatically. But, you can never practice too much!
How do you use a golf alignment stick?
Place the stick on the ground and align it with your target line, then step up to the ball position and keep your body over the stick as much as possible.
How do I make sure my alignment is correct in golf?
To have a proper alignment, you need to stand behind the ball and place your toes directly on the target line. Then, you’ll have to step forward so that you’re standing right in front of the ball.
Where do I store my golf alignment sticks?
When not using them, it’s best to keep your rods in a tube with a lid for easy storage. You can also hang them around your neck or strap them onto your golf bag!
How much do they cost?
Alignment sticks vary in price but typically range between $10-$30 per piece and usually include free shipping.
Can I return them if something goes wrong with my order?
Each merchant has its policies regarding returns/refunds. We recommend reading through the return policy before making your purchase.
What is the best way to use an alignment stick?
The best way to use an alignment stick is to place it on the ground in front of your golf ball and then step up to your ball so that you’re looking down the target line. This will help you align your feet with the target correctly for more accurate shots.
Do they last long? How many years are they good for?
It depends on how well you take care of them after every use! Some people claim their sticks have lasted over 5 Years, while others say theirs broke off from normal use within a year or two. The consensus, however, is that these tools should be able to last for several seasons if properly maintained (especially if used only during practice sessions!)
You will also like: How to Clean a Golf Ball: A Step-by-Step Guide
The following products have been hand-selected as 10 of the best in their category. We hope that by reviewing their features, specifications, pros, and cons, we can help shoppers find the right product for their needs.
Our number one pick out of all these will be GoSports Golf Alignment Sticks. Why? Well, there are plenty of reasons. Three rods as opposed to only two from the other brands. Having one extra rod helps other facets of your game and should not be ignored.
Another important factor that makes it a winner is that these are foldable, making for easy storage and carrying anywhere. Also, they come with their storage tubes as well, which makes it even more convenient & perhaps the best in terms of storage alone.
Also taken care of is that one of its ends is pointed, making it stick firmly to the ground and not glide. These ends are also designed so that they don’t hurt as much as a regular pointed stick does in case of accidental contact.
I would recommend it if you are looking for affordable golf alignment sticks that work well & can be used by newbies and veterans alike!