You’re on the 11th hole, a straight drive of 250 yards should set you up nicely. But, the temperature has been rising and you’re sweating. Your hands are slippery, your grip is loose, and the club feels like it’s slipping from your fingers.
This can be a common issue faced by golfers who struggle to grip their club firmly when they sweat. Luckily for all of us, there are solutions!
In this article, I will give you my top 10 picks for the best golf grip for sweaty hands as well as some tips on how to choose the right one and nail that 250 yards drive in any condition.
*The links in this page are affiliate links, this means that if you purchase after following one, I make a small commission from the sale at no additional cost to yourself. Take a look at our About Us page for more info on this.
You may also enjoy:
Features to look for in a golf grip
Before we get into the list of best golf grips on the market, it might be worth asking what makes a good golf grip and most importantly, give you an understanding of what you should be looking for when buying. With that in mind, here are some of the key grip features to look out for:
While there are many things that make a good golf grip, one of the most essential aspects is without a doubt the size. One of the main reasons why it’s important to find the right size is because an improper fit on your golf club could take its toll on your swing, regardless of what other features the grip has to offer.
The next thing we think you should consider when shopping around for golf grips for sweaty hands is the material its made out of. You’ll find that most are either made of natural or synthetic rubber-based materials, mostly because these tend to provide durability and stability.
The final consideration is texture. While this is an essential part of the design, it’s also vital to keeping an excellent grip, since there are more grooves for your hands to hold onto. There are so many designs and for the most part, you can pick golf grips for their aesthetics (as long as they have enough texture to offer more friction).
The 10 Best Golf Grips: Product reviews
While there are certainly a variety of great grips to choose from, you might wonder which one is the most popular grip, or which ones are known for being the best. Here are our top choices to help you with making your decision:
1. Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Golf Grip For Sweaty Hands
There are quite a few reasons why these individual grips from Golf Pride are some of the most popular on the market – all of which make it a worthwhile consideration for anyone hoping to purchase a high quality product.
Something interesting to consider is that the Golf Pride MCC Plus4 half-cord grips are made up of unique compounds, with the upper hand area being soft and stable and the bottom hand area being rubber. Both of these are incredibly comfortable, durable and firm, which is exactly what you should be looking for in a good golf grip.
This particular product from Golf Pride is ideal for any weather conditions, as well as providing golfers with the comfort and grip they need to get their game on. If you’re not looking for a full set, this could be the ideal choice for you.
- The Golf Pride MCC set has 4 different sizes to suit a variety of golf club options and 5 colors
- A larger diameter than most products is ideal for keeping a solid, yet lighter, grip pressure
- Comfortable, non-slip functionality
- Long-lasting golf grip, so less need for replacement
- Some users find that the grips are difficult to fit on their handle
- It’s an individual grip and not part of a set
- The Golf Pride MCC grips are not the most affordable option on the market
2. CHAMPKEY MCS Hybrid Golf Grips 13 Pack
Another one of the products that you just can’t overlook are the MCS Hybrid Golf Grips by CHAMPKEY.
If you’re looking for great value, you’ll find it here; 13 quality standard or mid sized grips along with a full repair kit, which only helps to ensure that you’ll get the most out of your choice. There are a number of other aspects to consider, too.
With multiple color options, brushed cotton thread technology and even a 100% money-back guarantee, there’s no doubt that these Champkey MCS golf grips can be an excellent choice for a wide variety of golfers, especially for the fact that they’re a risk-fee purchase.
- Double layer soft rubber material for additional thickness, texture control and more to enhance your golfing experience
- With a repair kit included, you’ll have everything you need to keep your hybrid golf grip at optimum condition
- With 13 grips in a pack, these golf grips for sweaty hands offer excellent value
- 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you can rest assured that if the set is not up to your standards, you can get your money back
- Compared to higher-end products, some customers would say that they’re not quite as soft
- You might want to use your own tape, since the one provided may not be as strong as you need
3. New Decade Multi-Compound Grips For Sweaty Hands
If you’re looking for products that offer several grips like the one above, there’s also a great set of 13 from Golf Pride to check out. If you’re looking for a good deal, this is certainly it – as you probably would have to pay quite a bit more for them if they were sold individually.
There are certainly a few advantages that come with picking these golf grips for sweaty hands. For example, the multi-compound build of these Golf Pride grips combines the performance of the softer rubber compound and the firm grip that corded grips have to offer. The great value and quality production only make them an even better choice.
- The cotton cord on the Golf Pride multi-compound grips easily deal with moisture, allowing you to focus on your game
- The texture and patterns aren’t just for show and help to provide maximum control
- The quality soft rubber material in the lower hand area is ideal for both comfort and grip
- Golf Pride is a well known, trusted brand, so you can rely on the quality of their products (which isn’t always the case with other golf grips)
- You’re limited to just one color and size option
- While advertised as a mid sized grip, some buyers have found that they’re too small for what they need
4. Winn Dri-Tac Standard Grip Kit For Sweaty Hands
When it comes to getting an exceptionally strong grip, this set from Winn is worth checking out. The tacky material is ideal for wet conditions (and sweat in humid weather), and the ergonomic and eye-catching contoured spiral wrap design only helps to make it even more comfortable. Plus, having 3 different color options is a bonus for those who prefer color-coordination for their golf clubs.
It’s tacky feel, Winndry polymer material and the fact that it reduces torque only help to make the Winn Dri-Tac set an even more appealing choice.
In this 13 piece kit from Winn, you’ll also get grip solvent, double-sided grip tape and a rubber vise clamp to help you with fitting them onto your clubs.
- The tackiness allows for a much firmer grip
- The design of the grip offers comfort and a tight fit for extra stability
- They’re also soft, shock absorbing and offer high water resistance for non-slip performance
- Easy installation makes it easy to fit them onto your club and carry on with your game
- Excellent value gives you the opportunity to buy without fear of wasting your hard earned cash
- While it’s great that this set comes with grip solvent, a rubber vise clamp and tape, you may want to purchase your own solvent and tape since they may not last long
- The grips themselves are not the most durable option on the market, lasting for around a season of play
5. SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 Putter Grip
If you watch the PGA Tour, you may have seen this particular golf grip, since several professional golfers have actually used this product themselves.
There are quite a few reasons why so many players choose to use this golf club grip from Super Stroke, from its cross-traction surface to tacky polyurethane outer layer, both of which help to prevent your hands from slipping away.
As a small but worthy feature, these soft grips also comes in 4 different color options, so you can pick the one that best suits your style. Overall, it’s plain to see why these have earned a spot on the list of best golf grips for sweaty hands.
- In hot weather, you can rely on the slip resistant and firmer feel of this grip to keep your sweaty hands from slipping on the club’s shaft
- The exclusive Super Stroke Technology used in these products offers players a more consistent stroke throughout their game, and isn’t available from other grips
- The light grip weight design only helps to make it even more comfortable while playing golf
- Used by several golfers on the PTA Tour, you can trust that this product from Super Stroke will perform well and be worth your money
- These products are ideal for right-hand orientation, but may not be quite as efficient for golfers who use their left hand
- Many individuals find that it’s not the easiest grip to fit onto a club
6. KINGRASP Multi Compound Golf Grips
This cost-effective set of two golf grips from KINGRASP can be a fantastic purchase for those looking for the perfect balance between value and quality.
There are a variety of features in the design of this product that make it worth buying; from ergonomics, to aesthetics. Predominantly though, you’ll be interested because of the benefits that come with the multi-compound material, like softer grip pressure and protection against those sweaty hands.
The top half is a mix between rubber material and cotton thread technology, creating a stable and non-slip surface area, where the bottom is made with natural, high-feedback rubber to offer excellent traction in we conditions, additional comfort and durability – all of which can help you to reach your maximum potential.
- Many different colors and midsize and standard options make it easier to pick the perfect one for your unique needs
- The multi-compound materials help to make the rubber grips even more comfortable and efficient, which is something anyone can benefit from
- Shock absorption and all-weather performance make it ideal for use in any situation
- Many customers find that there’s no problem with installation, which is always a plus
- While you need solvent to put the grips on, this product doesn’t come with any, so you might have to buy some extra
- You may find that the softer grips are not quite as long-lasting as bigger name brands like Golf Pride
7. Multi-Compound Golf Grips
A variety of color options and all-weather performance are just two of the features that come with these multi-compound grips from Crestgolf – and there’s more where that came from.
One excellent example of a benefit that comes with choosing these putter grips is that they’re lightweight, reducing the heftiness of the club and overall making it feel better in use. The multi-texture pattern and composite materials only help to make it an even more effective golf tool.
All of this in a set of great value golf club grips makes for a product that you just can’t pass up, especially if you’re buying on a budget.
- The rubber and carbon help to create an anti-slip, shock absorbent and softer grip, which can be essential for making the most out of every swing
- The grips are easy to put on, so installation shouldn’t be a problem
- 6 color options, as well as standard and midsize grips
- Extremely cost-effective when compared to larger brands, while still providing quality
- While the grip is easy to fit on, the provided solvent isn’t ideal
- Since they don’t come with tape for installation, you might want to buy some individually
8. SAPLIZE Multi-Compound Hybrid Golf Club Grips
Characteristics like multi-compound material and a quality design tend to be seen on most of the popular grips, and when you consider the performance that they offer, it’s not hard to see why.
This set of 13 grips from SAPLIZE ticks those two boxes and more, offering a variety of useful features (such as anti-slip and stability), as well as everything you need to remove and fit a new grip.
Plus, the fact that you can choose between midsize and standard is just another bonus to keep in mind while you’re shopping around.
- Those who like customizability will be glad to hear that there are 12 different color options to choose from, which is more than most other grips on the market
- Multi-compound material offers high stability and non-slip in the upper hand area and high-feedback in the lower hand section
- Comes with tapes, solvent and more to assist with re-gripping
- Highly affordable despite the fact that they’re good quality putter grips
- Some golfers find that these grips aren’t quite as durable as they would like them to be, although they’re still great for such a low cost
- Be careful when fitting, as the black dye will bleed onto the colored part of the grip if the solvent leaks
9. Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Golf Grip Bundle
Another great Golf Pride product that we would recommend you check out is this Tour Wrap 2G Golf Grip bundle. With 13 grips in white, blue and black (and options for standard and midsize), they’re ideal for pretty much anyone who wants a tacky, soft grip.
The design is made to simulate leather grips in aesthetics and feel, while offering the durability and performance of rubber. All in all, if you’re looking for a bundle of great grips from Golf Pride, it’s well worth looking into the Tour Wrap 2G set.
- The quality and tackiness of the grip make it easier to keep control during your swing
- Durability and comfort are both features that will make you feel like you got your money’s worth
- Non-slip and stability only help to improve your experience
- Last but not least, the easy installation is a nice bonus, especially with the tape and grip spray it comes with
- Golf pride products don’t tend to be the most affordable options, although they are of great quality
- While they do provide an anti-slip grip, they can lose some of this functionality if they get too wet, so you might want to wear gloves if there’s an excessive amount of moisture
10. FootJoy Men’s RainGrip Golf Gloves
Rather than buying a grip for your handle, you could opt to purchase a pair of good golf gloves to help you keep a stable hold on your club. FootJoy Men’s RainGrip Golf Gloves are an excellent choice thanks to their quick dry knit material and exceptional wet weather grip.
They’re not only good in rain, but some might say that they perform better when wet and are still perfect for use in cold weather too.
For the most part, a high quality pair of gloves like these could be an excellent alternative to golf grips, so if you haven’t found any you like, it’s worth considering your other options.
- A large variety of size options to ensure that you get the best fit; ranging from Cadet small, to XX-Large
- The anti-slip material makes them even more effective when used in rain, so you won’t have to worry about them slipping
- They’re easy to take off and put back on after each shot
- These gloves are both effective and affordable
- While these are ideal for wet weather, they won’t keep your hands dry
- If you’re not careful, they might not be too durable
Tips for keeping your golf grips dry
Grip spray, grip powder, or gripping solution?
Whether you’re into golf or tennis, you might find that a good quality grip enhancer spray will help to give you a better hold on your club during your games. Additionally, they can be excellent for keeping your grips dry if they’re not sweat-proof.
There are also some similar (yet different enough) products out there, namely grip power and gripping solutions. It might be worth taking a look into a variety of different options if you want to ensure that you get the most out of every swing of the golf ball.
Use a Rain glove
Another popular solution is to use rain gloves. We mentioned the Footjoy ones earlier, but there are plenty more that you could check out if you would rather get a pair of decent gloves than a grip (or even use both to maximize your chances of getting a good grasp whatever the weather).
Carry spare gloves and towels
If you don’t want any mishaps or accidents to hinder your game, it’s well worth carrying a pair of spare gloves if something happens (i.e. one of them tears). If you would rather not buy two pairs of gloves, it might not be bad idea to simply take some towels to dry off your hands just in case.
How do I stop my hands from sweating when I play golf?
For the most part, aside from being cautions of the weather you play in, there’ no guaranteed way to stop yourself from sweating – only products that can help you to negate the problems that come with it.
What do golfers use for sweaty hands?
In general, there are multiple solutions to this particular issue – many of which we’ve outlined above; from golf grips, to gloves.
In most cases, you’ll find that choosing the best golf grips requires a little bit of know-how on what you need and what the different products out there can provide.
Are cord grips better for sweaty hands?
While cord grips are commonly known for having a less comfortable feel, they tend to be tackier, particular when wet. If you’re not wearing gloves, it could be especially useful to find a good corded grip or a multi-compound one that offers the tackiness of cord with features of other materials.
How often should I change out my rubber grips?
While it can depend on the brand and product itself, the general timeframe that a golf grip will last/should be changed is every 6 months. If you’re not particularly a frequent player, you could probably leave them for even longer.
Final Thoughts; What are the best golf grips for sweaty hands?
There are simply so many good golf grips to choose from (as well as great gloves too), and while this can make it harder to choose the right one, having a variety of options available to you isn’t a problem when you know what to look for.
If I had to pick a favorite of the 10 best golf grips for sweaty hands that were listed, I would have to go with the Super Stroke. You just can’t go wrong with a product that’s used by professionals, and with its great features, it’s certainly a golf grip that’s worthwhile.
However, all of them are well worth looking into if you want a solution for sweaty hands while playing golf.