It’s no secret that golfers face a number of issues with extreme weather conditions. A little bit of rain and heavy winds can cause a noticeable disturbance to your game. Golf umbrellas are one of the most important accessories every golfer must own to protect themselves and their club from the rough weather.
Whenever the weather goes to an extreme point, you need an umbrella.
Golf umbrellas differ from normal umbrellas in design, dimensions, shaft material, color, wind resistance, and weather resistance. They are carefully designed keeping all these in mind to protect you from the harsh climate.
To get yourself a good golf umbrella, you need to have certain considerations in mind and need to do a few crosschecks. The “Best Golf Umbrellas” guide is aimed to enlighten you on those checkpoints.
You may also enjoy
- Best Portable Launch Monitor Under $500
- Why Wear Golf Shoes
- Best Golf Gloves
- Best Golf Alignment Sticks
*Some of the links in this page will be affiliate links, this means that if you purchase after following one, I make a small commission from the sale at no additional cost to yourself. Take a look at our About Us page for more info on this.
Best Golf Umbrella Reviews
There are hundreds of different options available for you in which you may have to invest your time and energy to purchase the best one. To avoid this hassle, we have filtered the internet to shortlist the best options for you.
1. Repel Umbrella Windproof Double Vented Travel Umbrella
Repel umbrella is our first choice in this list and one of the best golf umbrellas with ultimate features. It is specially designed to protect you from the anger of mother nature and keeps you dry. It is designed with 9 resin-reinforced fiberglass ribs that make this umbrella strong. Teflon technology used in the manufacturing of this umbrella repels water and other elements easily and instantly drys the canopy.
Auto close and open function helps you to operate the golf umbrella with one-hand operation. It just weighs 15 ounces which make it super portable. Repel golf umbrella can be your best friend and goes to extremes to protect you from rain and weather.
- Designed with 9 wind defying ribs which are made up of reinforced fiberglass that can withstand powerful winds.
- It is automatic, compatible, and super light.
- It is designed with auto open and close function which helps you to operate it with one hand operation
- It weighs just 1lb and easy to carry
- It is coated with Teflon which makes it dry quickly. Teflon technology is a supreme water repellency technology which makes the umbrella water-resistant.
- It is designed with a three-fold chrome-plated metal shaft. The strong metal frame gives it greater ability to resist heavy winds.
- The handle is ergonomic, easy to hold and rubberized. The wrist strap helps you to hold it easily.
- Black Umbrella Auto Open Function Makes For Easy 1 Handed Use: We built our travel umbrella with an automatic operation system, opening and closing with just the touch of a button. No more dealing...
2. PROCELLA Large Windproof Golf Umbrella – Heavy Duty Umbrella
Procella Golf Umbrella is a strong umbrella that suits best for golfers. It is an extra-large umbrella and can protect you and the golf club. It is designed with a fiberglass shaft and ribs that can resist strong winds. Procella golf umbrella is available in many wonderful colors of Classic black, royal blue, green, white, red, and navy blue in which you can choose your most favorite color.
The handle is ergonomic, offers you nonslip grip, and consists of auto-open pinch-less feature. The design of this umbrella can resist winds up to 46 mph and protects you from extreme weather.
- Designed with a double-layered canopy that can protect up to two people.
- Shaft and ribs are designed with fiberglass which is strong and can resist strong winds.
- It is large in size
- It weighs just 1.1 pounds and easy to carry.
- It is designed with a double canopy mesh vent system which can allow resisting heavy winds.
- Ribs and spreaders are rustproof.
- FEEL THE DIFFERENCE - The details make all the difference; The easy-to-grip comfortable anti-slip handle shaped like the handle of a golf club; The tear-resistant inner mesh that makes the double...
3. Team Effort NFL 62″ WindSheer Lite Golf Umbrella
The Team Effort NFL 62″ WindSheer Lite Golf Umbrella is an innovation that will keep you dry during the harshest of weather. The umbrella features a patented wind-release system with pinchless safety runners, making it easy to use. Furthermore, the design has two single canopy panels and six double canopy panels for durability.
Best of all, the umbrella also includes elegant embellishments on all sides of the golf club’s logo – according to your team’s specific color scheme. Perfect gift for any Football fan … or to yourself.
- Wind-release system
- Durable 190T nylon construction
- Pinchless safety runner
- Six double canopy panels
- Embellished with specific team’s color scheme
- Custom molded rubber handle
4. EEZ-Y 58 Inch Folding Golf Umbrella – Portable Family Umbrella
EEZ-Y is one of the popular company designing innovative and high-quality products for a long time. This company ensures to give users the best quality, smarter, innovative, and best products. EEZ-Y golf umbrella is made up of water repellent 210T fabric which gives you great protection and keeps the user dry even in heavy rains.
It is a foldable, portable, compatible umbrella which can give the best for golfers.
- It is 50″inch in size and large to protect you and your club.
- It is designed with a double canopy design.
- It is a foldable golf umbrella.
- It is made up of 21-T special water repellent fabric which keeps it dry.
- The handle is ergonomic design and can offer you good grip
- DURABLE DESIGN - Whatever the weather, your umbrella stays together! Built to last a lifetime, this strong sports umbrella will protect you against the sun, rain, and wind!
5. ZOMAKE Windproof Golf Umbrella- best golf umbrella for wind
ZOMAKE golf umbrella is specially crafted with ultimate care to satisfy all the needs of customers. It is made up of premium quality materials and designed with innovative features.
It is a very strong umbrella which can easily resist high winds and heavy rains.
- It is designed with double canopy construction which allows the wind to pass easily through vents.
- The size options of this umbrella are 62/68 inches and can perfectly cover everything.
- It is designed with ultra water-resistant 210T pongee fabric that drys easily
- The handle is ergonomic.
- It is lighter and smaller in size and weight.
- DURABLE DESIGN - Whatever the weather, your umbrella stays together! Built to last a lifetime, this strong sports umbrella will protect you against the sun, rain, and wind!
6. Sun Tek 68″ UV Protection Wind Cheater Vented Canopy Umbrella
This lightweight, 68″ golf umbrella is strong enough to last through a storm. Not only does it protect you from rain and the sun by providing a UPF 50+ rating, but it also comes in a variety of colors so no one will have to choose just one!
The fiberglass frame is both lightweight and durable and we also love how they’ve put attention to beautification details and include an umbrella sleeve for storage that again has the matching color accent as the umbrella, just like the vent area.
If you ask us what we think about it overall, I think its a really good deal for this quality and certainly one of the best.
- UV Protection: reflects heat and blocks 99% of the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB solar rays
- Wind & Weather Resistant: Can withstand winds of up to 55 mph without inverting; double canopy prevents wind from penetrating through to you
- Durable Construction: Fiberglass shafts and ribs provide extra safety in event of a lightning storm
- Ergonomic Handle: Comfortable for right handed as well as left handed users, fits standard golf cart umbrella mounts.
- Oversized Canopy: Provides shade for two people, 42.5″L x 2.5″W x 2.5″H
- Lightweight and portable
- UV PROTECTION – Silver coating reflects heat to cool you down with a 50+ UPF rating to block 99% of the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB solar rays. This umbrella isn't just great for golf, but all...
7. GustBuster Pro Series Gold 62-Inch Golf Umbrella
The Gustbuster pro series gold golf umbrella is the best choice for golfers. This umbrella is designed with innovative features and double canopy design can shield up to two people. The shaft and ribs are made up of fiberglass frame which is solid, dustproof, and strong in nature.
This umbrella is strong in nature and wind tested to resist 55 miles per hour. It is light in weight and you can carry it simply in a bag.
- Designed with 100% nylon.
- it is designed with innovative double canopy design.
- Shaft, ribs, and spreaders are designed with fiberglass frame.
- It is designed with aerodynamic vents present in the lower canopy which allows the wind to pass easily.
- It is wind tested to 55 plus miles per hour.
- #1 golf umbrella on PGA Tour, RAVE REVIEWS CNN, FOX NEWS, SMART MONEY MAGIZINE
8. G4Free 62 / 68 Inch Automatic Open Golf Umbrella
G4Free golf umbrella is the ultimate umbrella for all kinds of outdoor sports. Especially for Golf, this umbrella can protect you from all kinds of weather. It is designed with hardened stainless steel coated black resin which is strong in nature.
It is designed with an especially double canopy design that can easily pass the wind through. It is designed with 210T pongee fabric that protects you easily. Ergonomic design EVA grip handle provides an easy grip and comfortable hold.
- It is a 62-inch oversize canopy that is ideal for golfers to provide good coverage.
- It is a heavy-duty design
- It is designed with water-resistant 190T pongee micro-weave fabric.
- It is light in weight, offers quick drying and mold resistant.
- It has SPF 50+ protection
- It is designed with automatic open functionality.
- THE ULTIMATE GOLF UMBRELLA With a 54/62/68-inch canopy and heavy-duty design, the G4Free Ultimate Golf Umbrella is an ideal companion for golfers, and the business professional,s or for daily life....
9. Repel 60″ Vented Double Canopy Golf Umbrella
Protect yourself and your golf game with the Repel 60″ Golf Umbrella! This high-quality umbrella features a windproof frame that can withstand strong gusts of wind, oversized canopy to keep you dry in rain or snow, water repellent coating to protect against UV rays and other hazards.
The lightweight yet rugged shaft contains 1mm pieces of carbon fiber that give it an authentic look without making it too heavy to use on the course!
Water beads on the umbrella and rolls right off for a quick dry. In addition, the Repel 60″ Golf Umbrella comes with an auto-open button that pops up the umbrella in seconds to protect you from the elements without any hassle.
One final thing to mention, you’re protected for life through their lifetime replacement guarantee program. If anything at all goes wrong with your golf umbrella, they offer a replacement absolutely free, no return required.
- Available in black, red and pink
- Reinforced fiberglass frame that can withstand strong gusts of wind
- Oversized canopy to keep you dry even with rain or snow
- Water repellent coating to shield against UV rays and dirt
- 60” diameter double layer vented mesh canopy for high winds
- Anti inversion technology so the ribs do not break during extreme weather conditions
- Golf Umbrella with Reinforced Fiberglass Frame: Our golf umbrella is constructed out of reinforced fiberglass coated in our special edition red paint. Our durable windproof frame is comprised of 3...
10. DrizzleStik Flex- Golf Club Umbrella
Something a little different for you here, and that is an umbrella for just your clubs, not you. The DrizzleStik Flex is the light-weight solution to keeping your game up with the change of the weather.
The umbrella houses a flexible fabric canopy, which you can wrap around your clubs for rain protection without any hassle.
This umbrella comes with a sleeve and telescopic shaft that allows it to be neatly stored in your golf bag and its convenience is unmatched by other golf club protectors, as it allows for quick access to even the most difficult clubs.
- 100% Nylon
- Keeps your golf gear protected and dry
- Convenient flex spring top allows the canopy to pivot in any direction for easier club access
- Patented deep canopy and protective inner layer provide protection between your golf clubs and umbrella frame
- Telescoping shaft and matching sleeve allow the DrizzleStik Flex to be stored neatly in your golf bag, making it more convenient than other protectors.
11. Coolibar Sun Protective 62-Inch Umbrella
The Coolibar Sun Protective Umbrella is the best umbrella at blocking UVs and protecting you from rain, according to experts. With its high UPF count (50+) and silver finish, it’s great-looking too–and reflects heat better than most other golf umbrellas.
It provides plenty of shade for your golf bag with a generous 62-inch spacious canopy that protects you from wind and rain. It blocks strong gusts up to 35 mph while also staying dry due to its waterproof construction. This lightweight, corrosion-resistant umbrella can be folded compactly so you can keep it in your car on the course or carpool with friends if necessary. Best of all, this elegant golfer weather protection measures up beautifully on budget!
- Coolibar’s exclusive UPF 50+ fabrics block 98% of UVA/UVB rays.
- Water repellent durable nylon fabric.
- Corrosion-resistant fiberglass frame and spreaders resists gusts up to 35 mph.
- Weighs 1.95 lbs.
- Auto-open mechanism with pinch-less runner and ergonomically designed Pro-grip rubberized handle.
- Generous 62 inch arc with patented double canopy design; mesh insert for optimum ventilation and stability.
- UPF 50+ - blocks 98% of UVA/UVB rays
Buying Guide of Golf Umbrella
Investing in the best golf umbrellas is a confusing task for many people. There are different types and models of golf umbrellas that are sold in the current market. Choosing the wrong one can be a waste of your time and also disturbs your golf game ability. You need to choose the best one to protect yourself from harsh weather. In this buying guide, you can find all the best qualities of golf umbrellas through which you can choose the one easily.
Size & Weight
You have to remember that the size and weight of the golf umbrella must be larger and lighter. A golf umbrella must be light in weight as you have to carry it everywhere. The ideal weight of a golf umbrella is 1-2 ounces and it should be portable. Also, the weight of the golf umbrella should be sturdy enough to face heavy weather.
The weight should be comfortable to hold and easy to handle for a long time. The size of the golf umbrella should be in diameter of 60-65 inches in size to cover most of the area. Few umbrellas can also size up to 70 inches. The larger diameter provides the ultimate coverage.
The golf umbrella must be made up of high-quality materials. You have to consider a number of factors to ensure the quality of the golf umbrella. The shaft and ribs of the umbrella must be made up of fiberglass which gives umbrella protection from everything. Fiberglass is a wonderful material that is light in weight and provides strong protection from elements.
It can also protect you from lightning strikes. Also, Nylon used in the upper portion must be of high quality and well treated to ensure waterproof qualities. Double canopy umbrellas provide air vents that allow your umbrella to resist heavy winds. Golf umbrellas must be designed as high-quality products to ensure the protection of the user.
The diameter of the golf umbrella impacts the coverage area of the umbrella. In the golf umbrellas, the coverage area must be high as it has to protect more areas.
A golf umbrella is a protective gear in golf game so it must cover a larger portion to keep you safe. The umbrellas which have a diameter of more than 60 inches have larger coverage area.
The materials used in the making of the umbrella impacts quality, durability, and functionality of the golf umbrella. Most of the golf umbrellas are made up of fiberglass handles and shafts. The materials must be strong in nature in order to provide strength, stability, and durability to the umbrella.
The golf umbrellas must be wind-resistant in nature. As harsh winds can distract
your concentration on the Golf game, you need to select the umbrella which can resist heavy winds. Many umbrellas invert and bend in the cases of heavy winds and force winds. The golf umbrellas must be the wind tested and must resist winds up to 50 mph.
Latestumbrellas are designed with special innovative features which make them strong and withstand heavy rains. Canopies that are sloped allows air to flow easily over the canopy and gives good ventilation to the air. It provides easy protection and keeps you secure.
Golf umbrellas should offer sun protection and protect the user from harsh UV radiation. The outer layer of umbrellas must be plated with sun reflective material which can reflect the sun rays and keeps the user cool. You must check this feature if you are living in hotter regions.
The handle of the gulf umbrella must be ergonomic and easy to hold. Rubberized handles give you a comfortable and stable grip on the umbrella. Few handles are designed for both left-handed and right-handed people. Some of the golf umbrellas are designed with a non-slip design which helps the user to hold the umbrella more securely.
The handles, shaft, spreaders must be coated with chrome or stainless steel in order to prevent them from rust issues. This increases the functionality of the umbrella and increases its durability.
Auto open and close option
Auto open and close feature is an option in some golf umbrellas in which user can close or open the umbrella with a single press on the button. This feature helps the user to operate the umbrella with a single hand and use it easily.
Golf umbrellas must last for a long time and the durability of the umbrellas depends upon the quality of materials, design, brand, and utility.
FAQ On Best Golf Umbrella
Which golf umbrella is best?
If you want a suggestion regardless of the price, I’d say the GustBuster Pro series is the absolute best among the bunch. They’re used by professional golfers in tours like PGA. But then again, 50$ is way too much for many for an umbrella and we barely can afford to consider money as regardless, so from that standpoint, I’d recommend the Repel Umbrella which is a great value for the money.
What is the best quality umbrella?
The GustBuster pro series is the best in quality and expectedly, the cost more than others. However, this Coolibar umbrella which is another expensive one, goes hand in hand in terms of quality and looks.
What is the difference between a golf umbrella and a regular umbrella?
The basic difference that you can tell just by looking is the size. Golf umbrellas are way larger than regular umbrellas, almost 1.5 times and they had to be so since they have to protect not only their owner but also their precious golf equipment too.
With greater size, comes greater weight. You’ll start to feel discomfort when you have to hold a golf umbrella for long. However, manufacturers prefer to use fiberglass frames thus which helps to reduce weight without sacrificing strength.
The canopies usually have a ventilation mechanism that is made in a way that air can pass through them but water can’t. You can expect strong gusts once in a while in an open golf course so this vent helps to pass through a lot of air that such a big umbrella is expected to catch and prevent the umbrella from inverting.
How big should my golf umbrella be?
It is suggested that your umbrella span at least 60 inches in order for it to cover your clubs and ensure they don’t get wet when it’s raining.
How much should I expect to spend on an umbrella?
You can expect to spend between $30 and $100 on a durable umbrella. I find the sweet spot for value and performance is around the $50 mark.
How do I stop my golf umbrella from blowing away?
Umbrellas naturally have a wind resistance problem since they are designed to be highly portable and lightweight. If you regularly play in windy conditions, look for a double canopy design. This will enable wind to flow through the umbrella while still keeping the umbrella’s outer canopy held down as well as you and your equipment dry.
What is the largest umbrella you can buy?
From this bunch, the largest umbrellas you can buy are the Zomake Windproof, Sun Tek UV Protection, G4Free 68-inch option, and the RainStoppers 68-inch oversize umbrella.
What is the best fabric for a golf umbrella?
Nylon is the most preferred fabric for golf umbrellas with its amazing water-repelling capabilities.
Here are the top ten best golf umbrellas along with the reviews. Now it is your time to choose the best one based on your personal preferences and requirements. Golf umbrellas protect you from harsh weather and help you to enjoy your game peacefully. Choosing the best one is essential for you to avoid any kind of damages and issues. Take your time to do your own research on the products in our list and invest in a good choice.