Are you tired of having your golf game ruined by unexpected rain showers? Don’t let the weather dampen your spirits on the course!
In this post, we will introduce you to the best rain hats for golf that will keep you dry and comfortable, allowing you to continue enjoying your game despite the rain. Whether it’s a light shower or a downpour, owning one of these top choices will ensure that you can focus on your swings and not worry about getting wet.
So, keep reading to discover the perfect rain hat that will protect you from the elements and enhance your golfing experience.
*Some of the links in this page will be affiliate links, this means that if you purchase after following one, I make a small commission from the sale at no additional cost to yourself. Take a look at our About Us page for more info on this.
Top 10 golf rain hat reviews
1. DOCILA Stylish Bucket Hats for Women
Ladies first! Wouldn’t you agree? The DOCILA Stylish Bucket Hat for Women, with a wide brim and an adjustable chin strap, is suitable as a sun or rain golf hat. This very versatile and fashionable headgear will not only serve to keep the rain in check but make you stand out elegantly on the course.
This hat made with lightweight, packable fabric is both breathable and waterproof and will efficiently serve as a golf hat when mother nature decides to cry a little.
- Good ventilation and breathability
- Available in check or plaid patterns and a variety of colors
- Has an adjustable chin strap or string
- Packable and foldable with its floppy brim
- Not completely waterproof
- Not unisex
- Material: Light weight & Quick-dry; Breathable & Waterproof-Able to resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely.
2. Zero Restriction Men’s Gore-Tex Bucket Hat
Now, for men! The Zero Restriction Men’s Gore-Tex Bucket Hat is a wonderful selection for a golf rain hat. This golf bucket hat is equipped with an adjustable Velcro band for best-fit adjustment. It is made with Gore-Tex. Which means it is waterproof and breathable as a Gore-Tex Rain Hat.
However, it does not come with a chin strap, so you have to watch out when it gets windy. It’s furnished with a wide brim and comes only in black.
You are sure to have an easy experience playing golf on a rainy day wearing this bucket hat. However, as the brim is not the widest, Zero Restriction Hat won’t work great in a heavy downpour. So please have an umbrella on hand when you’re not swinging.
- Adjustable fit
- Made of Zero Restriction Gore-Tex material
- Packable and foldable
- Hand wash only
- It comes only in black
3. DOCILA Waterproof Bucket Hats for Men
Of course, DOCILA will have something prepared for men. The DOCILA Waterproof Bucket Hats for Men is a 100% polyester bucket hat well suited as a golf hat that will fit most men. It’s waterproof and comfortable. You are sure to keep a dry head in this one.
A detachable chin strap is a stylish selection to go for when playing golf in this hat. It is lightweight, rollable, and easy to maintain.
However, it doesn’t have the widest brim on the market and may permit some raindrops to your neck in a heavy downpour. Apart from that, this bucket hat is positively a top pick for rainy golfing. It comes in a variety of plain colors.
- It has a sealed seam, so you get completely waterproof golf hats
- Detachable chin strap
- Rollable and packable
- Has special mesh layer for extra breathability
- The brim is not very wide
- Not unisex
- Material: Polyester fabric; waterproof bucket hats for men women is light weight, qucik-drying, breathable, seam sealed, packable; Cool rain/ sun cap great for all days and all-seasons wear.
4. Toutacoo Adjustable Bucket Rain Hat
There’s nothing like reliability with whatever you purchase, and the Toutacoo Adjustable Bucket Rain Hat has that quality. This option for a golf hat is light and durable. In addition, it resists heavy rain effectively as it is made from nylon.
The Toutacoo Bucket Rain Hat has an adjustable elastic drawstring that makes the hat fit even if you have a smaller head. The area inside the adjustable hat lining the elastic strap is made with a soft material, so wearing the that remains pleasant. The hat is also available with a fleece lining for warmth in colder weather.
- Adjustable fit with drawstring
- Easily folded
- Available in various plain colors
- No chin straps
- Not suited for a heavy downpour
- Bucket rain hat in windproof material. Lightweight, and adjustable thanks to a drawstring discretely incorporated into it.
5. Adidas Men’s Victory 3 Bucket Hat
The snazzy, 100% polyester Adidas Men’s Victory 3 Bucket Hat is quite the pick for a rainy day at the golf course. The sports brand was not letting anything slide with this one. The sleek design and dynamic color options make a favorite selection. It even comes in camo.
This choice for a golf hat boasts an adjustable chin strap, built-in mesh for ventilation, and a moisture-wicking sweatband for dry and cool comfort. In addition, it is a bucket hat design with a wide brim. So you are sure to keep dry and look dapper on the course.
- Drawstring closure
- Available in different sizes
- Wide brim
- Not unisex
- Handwash only
- Boonie bucket silhouette with built in mesh for ventilation.
6. Fitdom Lightweight All Sports Cap
A change of style? Here’s a baseball cap you should go for. The Fitdom Lightweight All Sports Cap is an excellent cap for running, hiking, tennis, and golf. But it is can also serve as a rainproof cap. It is constructed from ultra-lightweight polyester and designed with ventilation in mind.
The cap, equipped with a Velcro adjuster, will fit comfortably or securely, depending on your preference.
The Fitdom cap is designed to wash easily with cold water by hand. It won’t change shape or color with maintenance. However, it doesn’t offer protection to the back of your neck should you golf in the rain.
- Available in different colors
- Ultra-lightweight material
- Shields the face well
- Aerodynamic and stylish
- It does not cover the back of the neck
- Not fully crushable
- LIGHTWEIGHT and AERODYNAMIC - Constructed from ultra light polyester, it is designed to be well-ventilated and also minimizes air drag while running. Create maximum comfort for competitive marathon...
7. Sumolux Long Brim Collapsible Hat
The Sumolux Portable Collapsible Hat is a fine selection for golfing that will keep you on the dry in damp weather. Its high-quality polyester design is lightweight and waterproof.
The side panels are lined with mesh, allowing for rich ventilation and breathability. Plus, it has an adjustable metal buckle for firm fitting on your head.
Yes, it seems to have all the qualities the other baseball style hats in this feature possess. But there is something more. This totally waterproof golf hat has a collapsible brim – a unique characteristic for any baseball cap.
- Foldable brim, so easily packable
- Available in various colors
- Metal buckle
- No protection for the back of the neck
- Breathable Mesh: the mesh side panels allow ventilation which makes your head breathable in sunny with strong sunshine.
8. TrailHeads Fleece Ponytail Hat
Now, this is a proper waterproof baseball cap for a female golfer. Tagged as the manufacturer’s Trailblazer Adventure Hat for women the TrailHeads Fleece Ponytail Hat with a drop-down ear warmer is the perfect baseball cap for golfing in the rain, especially on cold days.
This beautiful design is made to protect the face, keep the head dry and provide extra protection and warmth for the ears and back of the neck – an unusual feature in baseball caps designs.
This cozy and warm headgear is ideal for testy weather and offers a stylish exit for your ponytail, keeping your sporty and elegant on the golf course. Furthermore, Trailheads is a favorite selection for a golf rain hat.
- Drop-down ear warmer
- Space for a ponytail
- Versatile design
- Reflective silver stitching for safety at night.
- Not unisex
- More suited to cold seasons
- BE A TRAILBLAZER – Don’t let a cold, blustery day end your adventure. Forge ahead with warm ears and a high pony in your TrailHeads warm hat for women with a ponytail hole, ear warmer, and...
9. Ordenado Waterproof Sun Hat
Quite frankly, the broadest brimmed hat featured in this concise review is the Ordenado Waterproof Sun Hat. The Ordenando bucket hat, designed as practical sun/rain golf hats, are part of the waterproof hat line that’s a lightweight choice for a golf hat made of polyester.
Its unisex design makes it a fantastic pick for males or females, and its wide brim offers maximum all-around protection from downpours or sunshine.
It is fabricated to be breathable with mesh lining inside and mesh panels on both sides of the bucket hat. Equipped with an elastic drawstring to be worn around the chin, you don’t have to be afraid of the wind attacking that broad brim and knocking it off your head.
- Very wide brim offers a maximum shield
- Extra breathable hat ability by side panel mesh
- Available in various colors and sizes
- Rainwater may get through the side panel mesh
- High winds may attack wide floppy brim
- 👒FOLDABLE&PORTABLE: The top of the mens sun hat is completely soft and collapsible, pack the waterproof sun hats in your suitcase flat and then when hiking, the womens floppy beach hat folded in...
10. FROGG TOGGS Waterproof Breathable Boonie Hat
The FROGG TOGGS Waterproof Breathable Boonie Hat, made from fully crushable, waterproof fabric, is our final selection in this review. The FROGG TOGGS will adequately serve as a sun and a rain hat for golfers. It is lightweight, has a drawstring and comes in different colors, including camo selections. The colors available are named with tree themes.
The FORGG TOGGS has a relatively average wide brim, a one-inch internal band, and is durable enough to be machine washed.
- Fully Crushable
- It can be machine washed
- Durable waterproof fabric
- Features a drawstring
- Only available in one size
- The weight of raindrops or wind easily crumbles the hat.
- Boonie hat is 100% waterproof to protect the wearers head and hair
Buyer Guide & FAQs
What to look for in a rain hat for golf
Now we’ve talked about the top features I have found, let me tell you a few essential things to note in looking for a perfect golf rain hat.
What style suits you?
It would help if you considered what you’re comfortable wearing and what looks good on you. For example, are you a bucket hat or baseball cap person? Go for your style. However, know that bucket-style rain hats offer more sun protection and dryness than baseball-style rain hats.
Is it Waterproof?
You must check to ensure that the hat you want to purchase is waterproof or rainproof. It must clearly say so in the information on the product page. Afterall, being able to keep your head dry during a rainy game of golf is the reason for wanting the best golf rain hat in the first place.
Is it a Good Fit?
Consider the size. Not every classic hat is adjustable, and a ‘one-size-fits-all’ hat can be a purchase bust. However, look for products that offer more than one size. Moreover, you want a hat that is snug and keeps your head warm.
Is it Durable?
Material thickness and nature is essential. You don’t want to buy a hat that can be easily ruined. In addition, go for a rollable or crushable hat, not a rigid one. It should be able to fit into your golf bag if necessary. Finally, you ought to be able to use the best golf rain hats over and over.
What about maintenance?
Your selection should be easily maintained – easy to wash, store, repair, and carry. Since it is waterproof, it should be quick to dry as well. Any difficulties in maintenance are not a good sign.
To come up with the suggestions of rain hats for golfing reviewed above, I had to consider my experience on the course, the questions and needs of fellow golfers, and a host of other factors. Of course, the most basic of these factors, which we discussed above, are mixed in with others like weight, comfort, chin straps, size of the brim, etc.
But here are answers to a few FAQs which you may have yourself:
Can I use a regular rain hat as a golf rain hat?
Absolutely. As long as your ‘regular’ rain hat is lightweight, crushable, and comfortable, come rain or shine, you can visit the golf course.
Which is the best golf rain hat for ladies?
Go for golf hats with a broad brim like the DOCILA Stylish Bucket Golf Hats for Women or the unisex Ordenado Waterproof Sun Hat, as they provide maximum rain and sun protection.
Do golf rain hats provide UV protection?
Most rain hats are designed to double as sun hats and provide adequate protection from the heat of the sun’s rays for the head and neck regions. However, rain hats are nothing more than a mobile shade from the elements. So, for UV protection, please use some sunblock.
Can you use waterproofing on a rain hat?
Well, that is unnecessary. A rain hat is already waterproof.
What is the best brim width for a golf rain hat?
It’s always nice to go for a wide brim, at least 4 inches wide or broader with bucket hats – but not too wide as to potentially hamper vision while you play.
For hats that are washable in a machine – hot or cold water?
Always use cold water for machine washable golf rain hats. Most waterproof materials from which these hats are made don’t do well in hot water.
Best Rain Hats For Golf – Final Thoughts
Trust me, these golf rain hats on my top 10 list have to be some of the best, if not the very best, rain hats you can get anywhere. So, make life simple – choose the one you think is more your style. I will grab the Ordenado Waterproof Sun and Rain Golf Hats as my number one pick because of it is versatile hat, with a wide brim, and unisex appeal. Yep! The Ordenado is a winner for me.